COMBINED SERVICES PLASTIC SURGERY SOCIETY MEETING 17-18 OCT 2019
1. The Combined Services Plastic Surgery Society annual meeting will be taking place on Thursday 17 and Friday 18 October 2019. The venue will be Defence Medical Services Whittington, Lichfield.
2. The focus of this year’s meeting will be ‘Leadership’.
3. The academic meeting will be held in the Raffaelli Lecture Theatre at DMS Whittington on Thursday 17 October showcasing the work of cadre members and invited guest speakers.
4. The academic day will be followed by a regimental dinner in the Officers Mess.
5. Trainee interviews and subspecialty meetings will be held on Friday 18 October.
6. Dress for the meeting will be as follows: 1. Delegates presenting academic work - service dress or civilian equivalent, 2. Non-presenting delegates - working dress, 3. Mess dress, black tie or female equivalent for the regimental dinner (full length dresses with covered shoulders).
7. The registration fee for Officers and civilian delegates is £30 for the Thursday academic day, £70 for the Regimental Dinner, or £85 for both. There is a reduced rate for Junior Ranks of £20 for the Thursday academic day, £20 for the Regimental Dinner, or £30 for both.
8. Personnel wishing to attend the meeting are to register with the Society Secretary, Nicky Bianco (Lt Col Cubison’s PS), by completion of Annex A.
Executive Officer: A/Wg Cdr George Wheble RAF Tel: 07876 567125 Email: email@example.com
Society Secretary: Mrs Nicky Bianco Tel: 07879 895685 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
9. The registration fee can be paid: 1. By cheque payable to CSPSS and sent to Nicky Bianco, Adams Cottage, Sweethaws, Crowborough, TN6 3SS 2. By bank transfer to: Account name: CSPSS Account No: 59562633 Sort Code: 60-21-49 3. By credit card / debit card / PayPal on the delegates page of our website, www.cspss.co.uk.
10. Travel and Subsistence is to applied for by individuals through their own unit.
11. Abstracts are to be submitted before 01 August 2019 to email@example.com (title, author(s) and paragraph of no more than 140 words). Submissions are expected from all medical trainees and any nursing personnel involved in research projects. Abstracts from other interested medical personnel are expressly encouraged.
12. Abstracts will be selected on merit; successful submissions will be awarded either an oral or poster presentation. We also invite attendees to submit posters they have presented elsewhere, if time permits these may be accompanied by a short presentation.
13. A block booking for accommodation in the Combined Officers & Sergeants and Juniors Ranks messes at DMS Whittington has been requested for all delegates.
14. DMS Whittington will only confirm availability of accommodation 4 weeks prior to the event (19 September 2019).
15. To plan for non-availability of accommodation, individuals should take the following action: 1. Personnel who are permanently accommodated more than 50 minutes drive from DMS Whittington are to book accommodation through their Unit/HRG for the nights of 16 and 17 October 19. 2. Personnel are to book one of the three hotels listed in Annex B which have had block reservations made. 3. Transport will be arranged between these hotels only and DMS Whittington. 4. RCDM Birmingham personnel are to do nothing. In the situation of nonavailability of accommodation at DMS Whittington transport will be organised to and from GCM to the meeting at DMS Whittington.
16. Once availability of messing at DMS Whittington is known, personnel may be asked to cancel HRG hotel bookings. There will be no charge to individuals or their units if cancellation is made 72hrs or more prior to the booking date.
17. To enable efficient organisation of the event, meeting administration should be addressed to Nicky Bianco at firstname.lastname@example.org; matters concerning the academic programme to A/Wg Cdr George Wheble at email@example.com.
18. The CSPSS website can be found at www.cspss.co.uk. Details will be posted of the programme and further administrative arrangements in due course. It is also possible to access information about previous meetings, should you wish to share this with potential guests.