COMBINED SERVICES PLASTIC SURGERY SOCIETY MEETING 6-7 October 2016
1. The Combined Services Plastic Surgery Society annual meeting will be taking place on Thursday 6 and Friday 7 October 2016. The venue this year will be RAF Halton, HP22 5PG. See maps at Annex B.
2. The meeting will focus on the challenges facing the cadre of Plastic Surgery following the shift to contingency operations with a theme of Teamwork.
3. The meeting will follow a similar format to previous years, with a full day of academic presentations on Thursday 6 October, followed by a mess dinner in the Officers Mess at Halton House. The Friday 7 October will allow for trainee interviews and subspecialty meetings.
4. Accommodation is available for Wednesday 5 October and Thursday 6 October on application.
5. Abstracts for talks should be submitted before 8 August 2016 by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and are expected from all regular trainees (title, author(s) and paragraph of up to 140 words). Other interested medical personnel are also welcome to submit abstracts. I would particularly like to see some presentations from the Nursing cadre.
6. The costs of holding the meeting have risen steadily over the years, and the current economic climate has reduced flow of sponsorship. Therefore it has been decided that a registration fee system should apply. The registration fee for the Thursday academic day will be £25, for the Regimental Dinner £60, or for both £75.
11. Personnel wishing to attend the meeting are to register with the Society Secretary, Nicky (Lt Col Cubison’s PS), including their accommodation and dietary requirements by completing annex A. Travel and Subsistence is through own unit, and details of private vehicles should also be forwarded to Nicky. The registration fee can be paid:
a) By cheque payable to CSPSS and sent to Nicky, Adams Cottage, Sweethaws, Crowborough, TN6 3SS
b) By bank transfer: Bank: NatWest; a/c name: CSPSS; a/c nr: 59562633, s/c: 60-21-49
c) By credit card / debit card / PayPal on our website, www.cspss.co.uk (details from Nicky).
12. Dress for the meeting will be working dress, service dress or equivalent for presenters and mess dress or black tie (full length dresses with covered shoulders) for the dinner.
13. To enable efficient organisation of the event, meeting administration is best by e-mail to Nicky at email@example.com and matters concerning the academic programme to Lt Col Heppell at firstname.lastname@example.org. The CSPSS website can be found at www.cspss.co.uk where details will be posted of the programme and administrative arrangements, and the link to pay the registration fee by credit/debit card or PayPal. It is also possible to access information about previous meetings, should you wish to share this with potential guests.